When it comes to dental accidents, timely treatments and interventions can make all the difference between a healthy smile and irreversible damage to the entire mouth.
NATICK, MA, March 02, 2021 /Neptune100/ — Emergency dentist office, Natick Family Dental offers comprehensive patient care and emergency dental treatment. When it comes to dental accidents, urgent care can make all the difference between a healthy smile and serious, irreparable damage. Some of the most common dental emergencies include:
1. Painful gums: Healthy gums should be firm, pink, and pain-free. Gums that hurt may be infected, abscessed, or irritated from food particles stuck between the teeth or under the gum line. If a salt-water rinse and careful brushing and flossing do not alleviate the pain, patients should seek dental care as soon as possible.
2. Broken tooth: A broken tooth may require a root canal for stabilization and to prevent further damage. Crowns can also be used to protect the tooth.
3. Painful tooth: Tooth ache can occur for a variety of reasons, including loose fillings, cavities, or abscesses. Prompt care can help prevent complications and the need for more invasive procedures.
4. Avulsed tooth: When a tooth is knocked out, it must be treated as soon as possible. Avoid touching the root, and place the tooth in a glass of milk or a tooth preservation kit as soon as possible.
5. Mouth ache: Several things can lead to a mouth ache, including TMJ, bruxism, and soft tissue damage. If your symptoms are not resolved after conservative at-home care, you may require an emergency checkup to rule out more serious problems and identify the underlying issue.
According to Dr. Robert Cardales-Stearns, General Dentist at Natick Family Dental: “There are a number of simple precautions you can take to avoid accident and injury to the teeth – from wearing a mouth guard during contact sports to avoiding chewing on ice, popcorn kernels, and hard candy, each of which can crack a tooth. Time means everything during a dental emergency. The quicker you can get ahold of your dentist, the better your chances of minimizing damage and reducing pain.”
About Natick Family Dental
Founded in 1999, Natick Family Dental is the top dental clinic serving patients in Natick, Sherborn, Dover, and surrounding communities. The dental staff welcomes new patients and offers such services as crowns, root canal therapy, mouth guards, extractions, bonding, bridges, TMJ assistance, teeth whitening, Invisalign, and dental implants. Our professionals are also available to treat severe and life-threatening dental emergencies. Patients have credited the team and staff with their caring approach. Those who wish to receive the best dental care in the area are welcome to schedule an appointment today. https://www.natickfamilydental.com/.